Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So old, so old.

So I had an appt with an orthopod today. I've had back problems for about 4-5 years now, and had another MRI last week to see what's up. Well--turns out I have the back of a 70 year old. The discs in my lumbar spine have deteriorated to the point where I've developed a pretty good scoliosis. So--my spine is slowly collapsing. And with that comes pain and stiffness. *sigh*
No wonder I'm almost 2 inches shorter than I was 5 years ago!
Now I need to see another physician to control pain so that I can exercise more and lose weight, which is the best thing for my poor spine! If I can shore up the back muscles by some weight training, they will better be able to support the spine, and it won't get worse.
Tommy wants to get an inversion table, so I can hang upside down. I guess it couldn't hurt, and I may get back an inch or so!!

Since I did not get into the workroom for a few days, I have no current work to post. So, please to enjoy pictures of my children at my DD #1's wedding January, 2008

She was absolutely stunning that day (well, she is every day!) and her groom was totally charming.











And this is DD #2 making a toast to the Bride and Groom. Isn't she beautiful?

2 comments:

  1. Good Pics, and Lesley's Boyfriend's Parents got him one of those inversion tables for Christmas, he said he uses it 2-3 times a week and LOVES IT. Might not be a bad idea. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEXT DOC!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've taken at least 1000 mg calcium + 500 mg magnesium for 20+ years, while my older sister did not. She lost 1 1/2 inches while I haven't lost any height (at the same age.) When she started taking minerals, her back got much better (not perfect). Just a suggestion if you're not already taking them. We like TwinLab, but many others are good too. Take capsules, not tablets. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete