Saturday, March 28, 2009

Still gathering inspiriation...

Today my horoscope actually told me to do my chores before I could do the things I really want to do!! Spooky...since that's exactly what I planned on doing.... I've already cleaned the bathrooms, and am on my way upstairs to organize my closet. I am giving myself ONE HOUR to do this. Then I'm going to hop in my car and take a little field trip to Kenosha to see a couple of quilt exhibits. One at the Public Museum is a quilt show by a local guild. The other is Kay Sorensen's exhibit at the Anderson Art Center.

Here's a link to her blog: http://quiltspluscolor.blogspot.com/

She does beautiful work, and I'm excited to see it in person. Yes, I know. That show has been there since January, and it ends tomorrow. OK, so I am the quintessential procrastinator! Anyway--I am sure seeing these quilts will add to my inspiration vessel.


I have also been organizing the work room, and getting stuff packed to take to the Reedsburg retreat. Oh my--I can't wait. Three whole days of nothing but sewing, followed by a trip up to Marinette to attend a wedding. What a happy week next week will be. Of course, I'll miss my hubby, and the doggies, but it'll be fun.
Since I haven't worked on anything, really, for weeks now, here is a pic of my FIRST art quilt. It was an "ugly fabric" challenge at my second retreat in 2006. The challenge fabric was the blue and pick stuff that I used for the ground near the horizon. I wish I had more--I'd add it to my ugly fabric quilt!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Toni, that looks great, and where is your Mushroom project??? Like I should talk. LOL. I am going to miss everyone next week when you are all at the retreat and I am slaving away at work. :( Have fun at the quilt shows. BRING BACK PICS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete